Selling your home in the Summer is a PRIME time to SELL..and if you have an outdoor living space, summer is the perfect time to promote it in Alberta.
Outdoor living spaces includes decks, porches, patios, 3-Season rooms and gardens.
They are an extension of your home and are fast becoming an “in demand” area for Buyers because these areas create added value, and more space for a family to gather as well as a great way to enjoy the summer months.
The KEY to creating your outdoor living space is to create a cozy area to relax.
Consider outdoor furniture, like comfy chaise chairs, love seats, pillows, coffee tables, fireplaces, and lounging areas.
Outdoor kitchens are also a great addition to your area.
I’ve been shopping lately for some outdoor furnishings and our local retailers have some great choices; and, I’m happy to report that there are lots of budget-friendly ideas.
I chose neutral furniture with bright throw pillows, to add a pop of summer colour.
We then picked some solar lights to add dimension and ambiance, and put them in our garden, as well as hanging them from a Pergola.
Selling your HOME in summer has some similar rules to selling anytime of the year…and getting your outdoor space ready for listing is key.
Here are some suggestions to consider:
- Add comfortable-looking, inviting outdoor furniture.
- Is your stereo system hooked up to outdoor speakers? If so, be sure to point this out. Play music (softly) outdoors during an open house.
- Have a BBQ? Make sure it’s clean and prominently displayed.
- Landscape..plant flowers, pull weeds, thin out any scraggly trees and bushes, and make sure the grass is freshly mowed.
- Consider low-maintenance lawn alternatives. Ground covers can be an easy way to make your lawn more attractive. They’re low-maintenance as well, which many busy professionals today will appreciate.
- You might also consider adding a deck or patio to your backyard if you don’t have one. It’s an investment, to be sure, but one that often pays for itself and then some.
Properties these days take longer to sell, and an outdoor living space is an asset. Consider it an extension of your home. The nicer it looks, the better the interior of your home will look — and with luck, the easier your job of selling will be…..
Let us know your thoughts.
We are …The Remax Real Estate REPs …Guiding You Over The Steps
Not intended to solicit clients currently under contract with a REALTOR®.